[sane-devel] Boeder SmartScan Slim Edition on SuSE

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:11:34 -0500 (EST)

do you have a file called /usr/include/usb.h ?

1. usb support in the kernel makes you able to see usb stuff in the output
of lsmod and do things like insmod usb-uhci

2. usbdevfs (or usbfs) being mounted gives you files in /proc/bus/usb that
user-land apps can use to talk to the devices thru the kernel.

3. libusb being installed gives you /usr/lib/libusb.so and friends. this
enables you to run apps that are compiled with libusb support.

4. the libusb header files are in /usr/include/usb.h and friends. these
enable you to BUILD apps that use libusb support.

do you have all four of these things?

allan