[sane-devel] Technical infos about reverse engineering

Julien TIERNY julien.tierny@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:20:26 +0100

Hi dear all,

	I began to gather information in order to write a backend for the HP Scanjet
2400 scanner. I contacted the concerned people over the mailing list and I
joined their effort.

	I just wanted to have a piece of advise about reverse engineering.

	Particularly, how can I extract actions (I mean commands) from usbsniffs
performed under win32 ?

	I gave a try to the 'usb-robot' utilities, but the configure step broke
anormally (can't find libusb headers while libsub is totally functionnal on
my system). Did anyone manage to have interesting results with this app ?

	At last, does anyone know a tip to get a scanner's chipset's manufacturor
id ?

	Thank you very much, julien