[sane-devel] scanimage cannot see Umax Astra 2100S scanner.

Russ Pitman rjp@belle.apana.org.au
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:45:42 +0800

Just in case I missed the intention I will repeat.

a. run 'SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255 scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner'
b. run 'SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner'

I have run each of these commands seperately several times.
When first run after installing the scanner from the command line
either command completes with a long pause near the end of the run
and the scanner activity led out.
Running another command finally reports 'Device busy' and to get the led to
light I have to repower the scanner. At all times cat /proc/scsi/scsi
shows the scanner installed.

How can I get the output of the command written to file? 'command > (somename)'
doesn't work for me. There is copious output, do you really want all of that
in an email?

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
--
Cheers