[sane-devel] scanimage cannot see Umax Astra 2100S scanner.

Russ Pitman rjp@belle.apana.org.au
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:56:16 +0800

Oliver Rauch wrote:
> Hello Russ,
>
> OK. Now I am sure that the driver uses the correct values.
> It is not a problem of the sane-umax driver. I guess it is a
> configuration problem of the scsi controller. Please make sure
> that you disabled "disconnect/reconnect" in the setup or
> configuration of your scsi controller - at least for the device
> ID of the scanner.
>
> When this does not help then we have to take a closer look
> at your scsi chain (termination, cable length, etc.)
>
> Oliver

I reset the factory defaults for the controller card, it has a series of
options including 'Adapter Configuration' and 'SCSI Configuration'which
contained
SCSI Disconnection   set at  'yes' to all (reset 'no' to all)

Running scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner fails as before, however using xsane
to acquire a preview  starts and runs and displays the image successfully,
which seems to indicate that the adapter chain is ok.

Running 'scan' in xsane fails, I can hear the scanner attempt to start then
the activity led shuts down.

Sorry it took so long to think of trying xsane.
--

Cheers
Russ.