[sane-devel] problem launching sane

Jost Ammon jost@ammon-web.de
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:00:42 +0100

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:11:20 +0100
Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de> wrote:

> What exactly is your problem? The log you sent looks fine, but it's
> incomplete. Your scanner is detected correctly. BTW, what scanner
> model are you using?

Agfa Snapscan 20e

> Check if you need to specify a firmware file for your scanner (see
> http://snapscan.sourceforge.net ). If so, place the filename with
> full path of the firmware file in snapscan.conf (after the keyword
> firmware), e.g.
>
> firmware /usr/local/sane/u34v110.bin

Ok, here it is:

#------------------------------ General -----------------------------------

# Change to the fully qualified filename of your firmware file, if
# firmware upload is needed by the scanner
   firmware /usr/local/agfafirm
#/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf

# If not automatically found you may manually specify a device name.

# For USB scanners also specify bus=usb, e.g.
/dev/usb/scanner0 bus=usb

---snip----

> Other sources of information is the output of "scanimage -L"
Here it is:
[giosetti@localhost giosetti]$ scanimage -L

> "SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 xsane 2>debug.log" (which will create a file
> "debug.log" with all the debugging information from the backend.

Here it is:
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 3.
[snapscan] add_usb_device: error opening device libusb:001:002: Access to resource has been denied
[snapscan] usb_read Only 8 bytes read
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O

Strangely enough the scanner is found by performing cat:
[giosetti@localhost sane-troubleshoot]$ cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
---snip
T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 1.00 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=06bd ProdID=2091 Rev= 1.00
S:  Manufacturer=AGFA
S:  Product=SNAPSCAN
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr=100mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=usbscanner
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=   8 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=16ms

Now I wonder how it was possible that troubleshoot found the agfa scanner but SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 did not.

Thanks,

Jost