[sane-devel] woody installation scanimage etc. missing

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:15:46 +0100

Holger Drefs <ng@idnp.de> wrote:

Hi,

>   I installed sane 1.0.11-3_hppa and libsane 1.0.13-3_hppa.

First of all, where did you find the packages ? I guess you use the
packages from <http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/>, right ?

>   Installation goes without errors but in the end scanimage,
>   sane-find-scanner (and I think other parts as well) are missing.
>   They don't get installed. I don#t know why. One attempt was to
>   return to LANG=C, because I thought may be the scripts don't like
>   localized environment but didn't help.
>   Any ideas?

In versions newer than 1.0.8, scanimage and some other tools from
sane-backends have been moved to a separate package named sane-utils.

Just install this package ;)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>