[sane-devel] saned issues for remote scanner access

Jim George jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:18:57 -0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

Although I answered Julien's request for running saned in gdb I also
followed your instructions and got the following.

>> SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_PAS4S2=255 saned -d128

Oops :)

> If you ant to get debug output from the backend, use
> SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX. SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_PA4S2 is for Mustek parallel port
> scanners.

when I ran SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX=255 saned -d128 I got the following.

[gt68xx] sane_get_devices: start: local_only = true
[gt68xx] sane_get_devices: exit
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 2
[saned] process_request: (open) strlen(resource) == 0
[gt68xx] sane_get_devices: start: local_only = true
[gt68xx] sane_get_devices: exit
[saned] process_request: access to resource `gt68xx' granted
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 8
[saned] decode_handle: cancel: error while decoding handle argument (h=0,
Success)

Does this indicate that, somehow, I compiled sane with no network support?

Bye,

Jim