[sane-devel] Xsane locks system w/UMAX Astra 1200S

David Anderson dw.anderson@verizon.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:18:09 +0000

No luck with the smaller buffer size, unfortunately.

I did find this past thread on the Sane mailing list archives:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-September/004071.html

Someone had the same problem as me.  One person was able to resolve the
problem by disabling SCSI bus resets on their Adaptec card.  I checked
my SCSI card BIOS (Adaptec 2930CU) and didn't see anything that was
related to SCSI bus resets.  I tried disabling several things, powering
off, booting up, and trying again - still hung every time.

What irks me the most is that it used to work!  And I bet if I reloaded
Gentoo (a rather large task), it would work again.  Something changed
somewhere along the line that broke it.  I bet it was when I did an
'emerge system' on my box, which will automatically update Gentoo.

I work at a computer shop.  I'm going to see if I can borrow another
SCSI card and give that a try.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks!