[sane-devel] Xsane locks system w/UMAX Astra 1200S

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:28:17 +0100

David Anderson schrieb:
> No luck with the smaller buffer size, unfortunately.
>
> I did find this past thread on the Sane mailing list archives:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-September/004071.html
>
> Someone had the same problem as me.  One person was able to resolve the
> problem by disabling SCSI bus resets on their Adaptec card.  I checked
> my SCSI card BIOS (Adaptec 2930CU) and didn't see anything that was
> related to SCSI bus resets.  I tried disabling several things, powering
> off, booting up, and trying again - still hung every time.
>
> What irks me the most is that it used to work!  And I bet if I reloaded
> Gentoo (a rather large task), it would work again.  Something changed
> somewhere along the line that broke it.  I bet it was when I did an
> 'emerge system' on my box, which will automatically update Gentoo.
>
> I work at a computer shop.  I'm going to see if I can borrow another
> SCSI card and give that a try.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Not really, but: As I already wrote, the kernel must be involved in the
crash in some way, because your machine freezes completely. Perhaps it
helps if you contact Justin Gibbs, the maintainer of the aic7xxx driver,
for further advice. You'll find his email address in the source files of
the driver.

Abel