[sane-devel] On the 2300C chipset

Frank Zago fzago@austin.rr.com
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:29:01 -0600

Jason Anderson wrote:
>> From what I have seen over the past few days, we may have actually found
>> out which chipset the 2300C actually is.  However, if it is the GL, what
>> now?  Is there code to access the chipset and to actually make the scanner
>> respond?

Well, sort of. I've started a backend for it:
  http://www.zago.net/sane/gl646/gl646.c
  http://www.zago.net/sane/gl646/gl646.h

It does a couple checks and initializes the scanner. I expect to fill the blanks
by looking at the doc and the logs. Right now, it looks like the driver gives
the scan parameters by writing to the scanner DRAM. The format still looks like
a pile of junk data, but eventually we'll get there.

If you're interrested, hp2300_scanner_init() correspond to the urbs 5 to 24 when
one plugs the scanner.

Frank.