[sane-devel] Segmentation Fault Encountered when Using FrontEnds with my Backend

Donjon Abobo donjon28@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:22:06 -0800 (PST)

>> Thanks for the prompt response. I am using CCD USB
>> scanner, on Linux Redhat 8 kernel version
2.4.18-14,
>> sane backend version 1.0.13 and using xscanimage
>> version 1.0.11 and xsane version 0.90. Also, I am
>> using the kernel scanner module. I forget to
mention
>> that the segfault happens once I click the scan
button
>> in Xsane and the preview button in xscanimage.
>>
>to make it make more complete
>CCD USB scanner, which manufacture and type and which
>backend do you use

>also output from
>export SANE_DEBUG_<backendname> = xxx   for example
>128 can help

I am trying to develop an all-in-one driver for a
Lexmark X5150 AIO machine. The folks from Lexmark
hasn't developed a SANE backend for any of their
scanner yet that is why I am working on it. Setting
debug level to 128 still has the output of
segmentation fault.