[sane-devel] scanner not recognised

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:21:51 -0500

I'm CC'ing my answer to the mailing list. Please do reply all, or reply
list, or whatever the
function is called in your mailer the next time you answer. Thanks.

How many Sane installations do you have on your system? When you
"upgraded" to 1.0.13, did you
do an RPM upgrade (rpm -U sane-*.rpm), or did you compile Sane from
sources and installed it?

If it's the latter, you have to make sure that you remove the original
Sane first. Otherwise
you can get exactly the symptoms you are describing.

Please remove the Sane version that came with Fedora.

If that's not the problem, edit the file dll.conf in your Sane config
directory and make
sure that the line containing "epson" is not commented out (remove the
'#' in front of
the line).

Karl Heinz