[sane-devel] scanner not recognised

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:55:18 -0500

All the packages that are listed are part of an older Sane version. You
could try to uninstall
these files by running
rpm -e sane-frontends
(and similar commands for the other packages). You may need the hpoj
package (I don't know
anything about HP scanners, so I don't know where this package comes
from). You may run into
dependency problems.

Before you start: Why do you want to use 1.0.13? Do you need this for
your HP scanner? Your best
bet for getting a working Sane version back is to actually remove the
new version and to use
the one that came with Fedora.

Karl Heinz