[sane-devel] Re: scanner not recognised part II

Paul Frisson paulfrisson@skynet.be
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:04:42 +0100

No file neither directory names /dev/scanner  (but there are /dev/scanner0 =
and=20
scanner1 ...  in /dev/usb)

The cat /proc/scsi/scsi command provided the answer :

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-R   PX-W1210A Rev: 1.10
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Strange enough because there is no other scsi device on my PC than the scan=
ner=20
(SCSI ID =3D 6), the plextor writer exists but is IDE.

I disabled all the lines in dll.conf but I still am unable to scan, even as=
=20
root, the same and everlasting "no device avalilable" when I start sane or=
=20
Xsane.

I don't know if this is important but anytime I start Xsane, he asks me for=
=20
agreement on licence before checking, as far as I remember, this question=20
used to appear only the first time sane was launched, so is it possible tha=
t=20
he fails to find/make his configuration file ?

Le Dimanche 29 F=E9vrier 2004 12:53, Karl Heinz Kremer a =E9crit :