[sane-devel] Visioneer Strobe XP100 (need help)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:16:53 +0100

Hi,

I think it's not possible simply to copy the Canon profile. To make it
work, you need to know the register settings i.e master clock setting.
For this sheet-fed device also some more changes in the code
are necessary to make the feeding stuff work...

On Friday 27 February 2004 21:37, G. Naik wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> I believe a part of the problem is that
> SANE thinks the device is a flatbed scanner, but is really is a
> sheet-fed scanner.

You are right ;-)

> At the bottom of my email is some relevant debugging information.  The
> scanner has a mechanical sensor in the slot to determine if there is
> paper available.  I have shown debugging information with paper in the
> slot and without.

Hmm, I'm afraid, that this is not very useful.

> Since, I'm not familiar with the sane package (my first time using it),
> your help is appreciated.

The problem is, that we need to know how the motor is controlled and
the correct register settings. You might try and snoop at the USB
traffic between the scanner and Windoze...

Ciao,
  Gerhard