[sane-devel] Cannot connect to saned

Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:44:29 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 08:31:07PM +0100, Hauke Coltzau wrote:
> > > On the other hand, the sane server itself seems to be fine,
> > > since I can run scanimage -L on localhost and telnet to
> > > port 6566 from both localhost and remote.
> >
> > So it doesn't look like a saned problem on first sight. What happens
> > when you do:
> > scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1 -T
>
> The client says that it is out of memory. It shouldn't be since
> there's lots of free mem available. The same thing happens, if
> I try scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1 -t on the server.
> Can it be a bug?

Yes. Probably in the backend on the server. Please show us the exact
error message. You may also get some debug messages like this:

SANE_DEBUG_NET=255 scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1 -T

> > Does scanning work? I.e. id you start saned in debug mode on the
> > server, does "scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1 >image.pnm" on the client
> > scan something? If not, what's the error message?
>
> As above, out of memory. Nothing more, nothing in /var/log/messages

Nothing? At least when running in (x)inetd mode, daned does print some
messages into syslog.

In debug mode, it prints the messages to stderr.