[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro U12 (product-id:0x0001)

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:07:59 +0100

Hi list,

finally we now have a backend called U12 which should support the following
scanner:
Plustek OpticPro U12
Plustek OpticPro UT12
Plustek OpticPro 1212U (all having the product-ID 0x0001)
also the
Genius ColorPage Vivid III V2 USB should work (Plustek vendor & product id)
and
Genius HR6 USB V1 (vendor-ID: 0x0458, product-ID: 0x2004)
should work.

The backend currently is in alpha state, which means, that only
color scanning will work and we have some other problems, which
require sometimes a restart of the backend - I hope to improve this
ASAP.
As I have only a U12 as test-device, the others are not tested...
To test it with your device, you have to download the latest CVS-version
of SANE and to activate the u12 backend...

Have fun,
  Gerhard