[sane-devel] Trust Imagery 9600

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:00:18 -0100

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 22:15, Ben Prescott wrote:
> I'm having problems getting this working.
>
> I've searched the archive and there's nothing in there apart from the
> announcement when the teco3 backend was released.

see the teco mailinglist at yahoo, also mail archive is present.

teco3 homepage

http://www.zago.net/sane/#teco

> I'm guessing the key lines in the debug are as follows:
>
>   [teco3] device is "Aashima " "IMAGERY 9600SP  " "1.07" "TECO VM6552"
>   [teco3] teco_identify_scanner: exit, device not supported
>   [teco3] ERROR: attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed

To get this scanner working you have to patch the following files
teco3.conf with the name of the scanner:
scsi "Aashima" "IMAGERY 9600SP"

teco3.h change
TECO_VM3552 to
TECO_VM3552,
TECO_VM6552

teco3.c for a start add something like:
{
 6, "TECO VM6552",
  TECO_VM6552,
   "Aashima", IMAGERY 9600SP",
   (.. .. ..),     values for your resolution
    ...., ....     your max x and y resolution
}

There should more be changed to get the scanner working, but this should
be a start (maybe scsi traces are needed to get a correct working
scanner) some example on http://gkall.hobby.nl/notes1.html

Frank Zago (teco3 maintaniner) should be able to tell more about the
changes which are needed to get this scanner working.

--
m.vr.gr.