[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670...

Christian Josefsson md0josch@mdstud.chalmers.se
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:38:57 +0100

Hi!

I'm a Computer Science student, which has come to the point of writing
my Master Thesis. Since I'm interested in systems programming and Linux
and in the posession of a unsupported scanner, namely hp scanjet 3670,
I've concidered writing a driver for that scanner as part of my Thesis
(the thesis would also contain other investigations ...).
But since there appears to be some activity going on in writing a driver
for the scanjet 3670 I would like to hear, how far you have come, and
if it would be feasible for one more person trying to write the driver...

However in case the driver is already close to finished and/or there already
are enough developers aiming at the same driver, I'd stop pursuing this
idea and instead find myself another subject for my Thesis.

Kind regards
// Christian

Christian Josefsson mail=md0josch@[mdstud,medic,cs,math,md,etek].chalmers.se

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.