[sane-devel] RX500 MFP scanner

M.B.W.D. Buitenhuis mbwdbuit@gmx.net
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:08:46 +0100

Could someone help me to get the scanner part of this device working?
I haven't got it working although I've got it recognised as a RX500.
The problem is that it somehow cannot switch the device on.

output of command "lsusb" is:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b8:0807 Seiko Epson Corp.

output of "sane-find-scanner" is:

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0807 [USB2.0 MFP])
at libusb:001:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by
  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
can't be
  # detected by this program.

output of scanimage -L

[epson] Unknown type R or level d, using B3
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname Terratec Cinergy 400 TV virtual
device
device `epson:libusb:001:002' is a Epson RX500 flatbed scanner

If I start xsane as a user I don't get to see the device, but as root it
gives me the option of using my TV-card or the RX500 device.
After selecting the RX500 xsane starts well. Now if I want to make a
scan or a prescan it generates a message that it cant switch on the
device. "wrong/false argument".

Seems I close but I haven't got enough administrator experience with
these type of devices.
Am I missing something simple here?

//Marcellino