[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Julian Gough gough@gsc.riken.go.jp
13 Jan 2004 12:15:01 +0900

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:54, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> I meant to write -L, not ->, up there but I think you figured that
> much.

yep! Got it this time,

> > Same old, same old.
> > I just get No scanners were identified.
>
> Did you also update the firmware line near the top of snapscan.conf.
> Note that it can only handle *one* such line.  If you dumped your
> esfw3e.bin in /usr/local/share, you should have
>
>   firmware /usr/local/share/esfw3e.bin

Yes. /home/gough/download/ESFW3E.BIN  that's where it is

> No, don't.  If you don't want SANE to try all the backends installed,
> comment out the ones you don't want in dll.conf.  So if you only want
> to try the snapscan backend, comment out all the others.

OK, I'll try that tonight.

> You should be using "usb 0x04b8 0x0120".  That is assuming the USB
> product ID is 0x0120 (I don't remember off the top of my head).

Yes. as reported by lsusb, and sane-find-scanner. That's what I've been
using.

So it's a dead-end then?

Julian