[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:04:27 +0900

Sorry for the late follow-up.

Julian Gough <gough@gsc.riken.go.jp> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:54, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>>
>> > Same old, same old.
>> > I just get No scanners were identified.
>>
>> Did you also update the firmware line near the top of snapscan.conf.
>> Note that it can only handle *one* such line.  If you dumped your
>> esfw3e.bin in /usr/local/share, you should have
>>
>>   firmware /usr/local/share/esfw3e.bin
>
> Yes. /home/gough/download/ESFW3E.BIN  that's where it is

>> You should be using "usb 0x04b8 0x0120".  That is assuming the USB
>> product ID is 0x0120 (I don't remember off the top of my head).
>
> Yes. as reported by lsusb, and sane-find-scanner. That's what I've been
> using.
>
> So it's a dead-end then?

I would not (yet) call it a dead-end.  It just doesn't work for you at
this point in time.  It may very well be that a couple of tweaks here
and there in the snapscan backend will make it work.  Unfortunately, I
am not familiar with this backend and lack time and access to a
GT-7400.

BTW, I haven't seen any 'SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=128 scanimage' output fly
by, IIRC.  Maybe that can shed some light on your problems.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2