[sane-devel] Mustek 1200 UB Plus

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:06:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm cc'ing to the mailing list just in case anyone has the same problem.

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 06:57:31PM +0300, Nikanorov Andrey wrote:
> I've solved my problem.
>
> I am getting SBfw.usb file from CDROM (from scanner
> disk[file:/mnt/cdrom/WinXP]). After I create directory 'gt68xx' in
> '/usr/share/sane/' and put file
> (SBfw.usb) in it. Then I renamed SBfw.usb to PS1fw.usb.

This is an ugly hack but it may work in this case.

Explanation: There are some different scanners which all use the same
USB ids and they aren't distinguishable from each other by software.
They also use different firmware files.

That's why there are "override" directives in gt68xx.conf.

By default it's assumed that you have a Mustek BearPaw 1200 CU and
that one uses the firmware "PS1fw.usb". That's why the backend uses
that name. If you had enabled the override
"mustek-scanexpress-1200-ub-plus", it would search for sbfw.usb and
the correct scanner name would be displayed.