[sane-devel] Question about the Canon Lide 30 behaviour

Alexander Neundorf neundorf@kde.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:28:59 +0100

Hi,

since some weeks I have a Canon Lide 30 scanner and everything works well.
I have sane 1.0.13 installed.

The only question I have is the following:

when I start scanning (full or preview) the scanner starts doing some stuff,
which takes several seconds, maybe up to 20 seconds or something, and after
this it actually starts scanning, i.e. the scan line starts to move.

What is it what is happening at the beginning ? Is this some kind of
calibration ? Maybe white reference ?
Is it required that this is done before every single scan ?

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de