[sane-devel] Re: How to link the Scan Button of CX3100 to a linux application?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:12:48 +0000

I recommend that you post this on the SANE mailing list
(http://www.sane-project.org/), as this is a scanning problem. I am
CCing this posting to there.

AFAIK noone has written a driver for scanner buttons yet (also not for
other scanner models). The scanner probably sends a certain signal
through the USB which is caught by a background process under Windows.
This process then starts a program to do the scan. The best way to write
a similar program under Linux is to use a USB sniffer to analyze how the
signal looks like and then write a daemon which listens for such signals.

    Till