[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 80 backend?

Jesse Sheidlower jester@panix.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:35:29 -0500

I see from the support list that the Canon LiDE 80 is not
currently supported. Is this something that's likely to
change in the very near future, or is no one working on it?
There didn't seem to be any discussion of this printer in
the archives of this list.

I like the LiDE series because of the supersmall size, but
I'd prefer the higher resolution of the LiDE 80 to the
currently supported LiDE 30. (The HP ScanJet 4600, also
small, seems also to be unsupported by SANE.)

Thanks. My main use of this would be on a Mac, but I'd
like to be able to use the scanner with a FreeBSD laptop
while travelling.

Jesse Sheidlower