[sane-devel] (resend) how to undo saved working directory?

Robert M. Riches Jr. rm.riches@verizon.net
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:52:40 -0800

> From: Oliver Rauch <Oliver.Rauch@Rauch-Domain.DE>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:38:25 +0100
>
> The problem is that different people like different behaviours.
> I added the working directory options because a lot of people
> asked for it. You are the first one who asked for the old behaviour
> since I changed it so I think it is not of general interest.
>
> I suggest you wirte a script or patch the sourcecoud yourself.
> When I add options to change the behavior this makes the
> program more complex and so I prefer to keep it as it is.

Nobody else wanted the saved files in the _real_ working
directory?  That's curious.

How about a convention that if the working directory from
the xsane file is the null string the program would use the
OS's CWD?  With luck, that should only take a couple lines
of code.  Would you be willing to accept a patch that would
do that?  If the patch would be accepted into the main code
stream, it would be worth doing.  If just for my use, a Perl
wrapper would be more efficient.

Worst case, a Perl wrapper script should be pretty quick to
cobble.  Would it be appropriate to post the script just in
case someone later searches out this thread and wants it?

Thanks for xsane.

Robert Riches
rm.riches@verizon.net