[sane-devel] (resend) how to undo saved working directory?

Robert M. Riches Jr. rm.riches@verizon.net
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:52:13 -0800

> From: Martin Collins <martin@mkcollins.org>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:37:34 +0000
>
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:52:40 -0800
> "Robert M. Riches Jr." <rm.riches@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Nobody else wanted the saved files in the _real_ working
> > directory?
>
> Sure they did, they just remembered to set it manually :-)
>
> > How about a convention that if the working directory from
> > the xsane file is the null string the program would use the
> > OS's CWD?
>
> It already does that doesn't it? The problem (from your point of view)
> is that xsane writes the CWD into xsane.rc and uses it next time. How
> about xsane leaving a null string null unless it is explicitly set?

Good point.  I had forgotten about that side of the process.
That may take a few more lines of code, and a state variable
set when the xsane.rc file is read, used when the file is
written.  If that might be acceptable for inclusion into the
main code stream, that would still be worth doing.  Any
guidance on where the state variable should be declared?
(I haven't yet unpacked and looked at the source code.)

Thanks.

Robert Riches
rm.riches@verizon.net