[sane-devel] discussion: Future of SANE-project

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:03:42 +0200

Michael Heiming <michael@heiming.de> wrote:

> The software (pips-sprx600_610-cups-2.6.2 & iscan-1.9.0) I downloaded
> to get Epson Stylus Photo RX600 running, came with source and contains
> a file "COPYING" where it says "GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE".
>
> So at least, it looks like Epson is already doing what you ask for.;)

Did they suddenly relicense the entire iscan code under GPL ? That'd
be a really good news.

Last time I had a look at the iscan software, the backend relied on 2
binary libraries for some of the scanners. iscan itself was licensed
under an open license specific to Epson, but it was quite a good
license.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>