[sane-devel] problem scanning with epson cx3200

Ryan Grow ryangrow@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am using scanimage 1.0.14 on Fedora core 1 with an
epson cx3200.

When I run scanimage, the power light on the epson
unit will blink, and the lcd display will say that it
is 'Warming Up' with an animation sequence. The
scanimage program will hang for quite a while until it
returns with the following message:
scanimage: sane_read: Invalid argument

At this time, I can run scanimage again and it will
work. If I wait for a short while before running it
again - I get a similar condition.

Note - sometimes if I kill the scanimage program, I am
unable to get the cx3200 back to a functioning state
unless I power it down and back up again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan