[sane-devel] xscanimage font problem

Gene Stemple gene_s@vtc.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:36:58 -0700

List watchers:
   No luck with any combination of locale settings.  There is no
change at all in the displayed "stuff."
   I am almost convinced that it is NOT a locale issue.  I have
a saved file of the output from "strace xscanimage..." (and also
from "strace gimp", which BTW shows all text labels properly).
I am digging through both files without knowing what I should
be looking for.  Anyway, in the xscanimage trace there are
lots of (apparent) attempts to find a font; several <fonts.conf>
and <fonts.cache-1> files are opened and read but I can't tell
from the strace output whether anything useful was found.
   So, here are my questions:
   (1) Is there something really diagnostic to look for in the
       strace output?
   (2) What specific font is xscanimage looking for?
   (3) What happens if that font is not found?
   (4) Is there a way (environment variable or xscanimage.rc)
       to force another font to be used?
   Thanks to any and all.
    ...Gene...