[sane-devel] HP5370C still not working

gilles@ffii.org gilles@ffii.org
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:14:42 +0200

Hello.

In January, I reported that the HP5370C, supported by the
"avision" back-end, was not behaving correctly (producing
an image skewed by a 45 degree angle).

I retried yesterday, and to my deep disappointment, the scanner
doesn't even go that far anymore: trying

 scanimage -d avision:libusb:002:007 > image.pnm

the scanner tray moves a little (but in the wrong direction),
and after some 3 seconds, the light starts flashing.

Best regards,
Gilles

P.S. Rene Rebe answered my previous post by offering to test
     newer, but I must have overlooked his mail at the time;
     sorry for that.
     Anyway, I've upgraded since then:

     Debian GNU/Linux 2.6.5
     scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.14; backend version 1.0.14
     libusb-0.1-4
     udev O.024