[sane-devel] saned + win32-xsane problem

Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:02:40 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 10:52:11AM -0700, Keith Clayton wrote:
> I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I can troubleshoot this further.
> Unfortunately I don't have another linux box on my small network that I
> can test with to determine whether the problem is with win32-xsane or
> rather with saned.

You have one, you just don't know :-)

What happens if you scan over the local net? E.g.
"scanimage -d net:localhost:plustek"?

You can enable debugging on the client by using
"export SANE_DEBUG_NET=255". On the server, disable saned in
(x)inetd.conf, and start it manually e.g. like this for max debugging:

SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 saned -d255

This way you have to restart saned after each connection.

> Any pointers for troubleshooting this further would be much appreciated!

Maybe little/big endian problems? But in this case the first scan
should also fail.