[sane-devel] HP 7450C libusb problems

Sun, 6 Jun 2004 20:03:54 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 07:42:42PM +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > So I am afraid the problem still persists, with my HP7400C anyway.
>
> Have you tried if it works on your side with an older kernel? Say
> 2.6.3 or so?

The gt68xx backend once had a bug that caused timeouts and frozen
scanners. However, that bug only occured with some scanners and only
with UHCI host controllers. As I used an OHCI controller at that time,
I couldn't reproduce the bug at all. But it did exist.

So looking at which kind of host controller the bug shows up and even
which mainboard is used may help to find out what's actually going on.