[sane-devel] HP 7450C libusb problems

Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:12:18 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 08:25:52PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > Yes this seems to be a pretty broad issue with sane/libusb and more recent
> > 2.6.x kernels

As already mentioned on this list and in the bug tracking system
(https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=300759&group_id=1308&atid=410366)
scanning fails with libusb if the scanner is accessed during that
scan. This access can even be caused by sane-find-scanner.

Maybe these two problems are in fact the same? E.g. when some
hotplugscript tries to access the scanner while it's opened by sane?

I don't know if it's at least theoretically possible to cause the
double access bug by a bug in sane. As the libusb device is claimed by
sane, it shouldn't be possible to send anything to the device while
the interface is claimed.