[sane-devel] Epson GT10000 and ADF problems

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:52:36 +0900

Martin Collins <martin@mkcollins.org> writes:

> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:35:08 +0900
> Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf@epkowa.co.jp> wrote:
>
>> Alright, I'll send the tarball for gcc-3.2 (or later) in a separate
>> mail.
>
> Thanks for that. However it wouldn't make. Some C++ library or header
> mismatch. Could be my GTK is too new.

"Image Scan! for Linux" still has to add GTK 2.x support :-(

> In the process I discovered I had a tarball of 1.5.2 on one of my
> machines. That did compile cleanly but didn't work in a similar way to
> 1.8.1

but if 1.5.2 (a backend bugfix release) compiles cleanly, I doubt that
is the cause.  Looks more like some of the modifications to the build
machinery fixed whatever makes the compile of 1.5.1 fail for you.

> I will try to get 1.5.1 compiled and do some testing later this week.

Rather than getting 1.5.1 to compile, I'd suggest you drop epkowa.c
from 1.5.1 into the source tree of 1.5.2 if you really want to test
with 1.5.1.  All other changes are not related to the backend.

HTH,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, PF1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/