[sane-devel] NEC Petiscan driver for MacOSX possible?

Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:31:27 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:21:27AM -0700, Allan Kaplan wrote:
> Having recently purchased an NEC Petiscan unit, I've discovered the driver
> is not supported by MacOSX, and the Classic emulator won't hook up through
> the USB port.  Please forgive my naivete, but is it possible to use SANE to
> fabricate one,

Uaually it's possible to write a backend for any scanner.

> and is there anyone out there who might be game to do it??

I guess that would be you :-)

> And if it is possible but no one's interested, any chance of getting some
> coaching?

Just ask this list, if you have specific questions. Some docu about
backend writing is here: http://www.sane-project.org/contrib.html

Could you please send us more information about this device so we can
add it to our lists? E.g. if "NEC Petiscan" is the full name and the
output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v" when the scanner is connceted to
your computer?