[sane-devel] niash:libusb:002:005 failed: Device busy

insane@piments.com insane@piments.com
Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:42:04 +0200

Nice post.

Sadly this does not seem to help for all scanners.

I did the change you suggested , recomp, reboot and my scanner locks up
just the same.

Shame it did not do it for canoscan.

I would suggest you look into the code a bit more seriously before
suggesting it as a fix to be integrated into the kernel. You cant just
hack code like that without looking at the consenquences. At least not if
you expect to have a stable kernel.

I'd rather have a scanner the dont scan than an OS like win9x. Get the
point?

Maybe that is why devs at that have not done it yet. The evenual code fix
will need to be more thorough.

Regards.

--
Using M2, Opera's e-mail client: on Gentoo Linux