[sane-devel] Howto update sane and xsane?

Erik P. Olsen erik@epo.dk
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:26:58 +0200

I am running FC2 and want to upgrade xsane and sane-?ends to latest
level, but being new to linux I am unsure of how I should do this.

Since they exist as rpm installed packages should they then be removed
from the system before installation or is it safe to let them stay and
install the new levels on top of them?

The latest levels do not yet come in rpm format so I assume that if I
let them stay then the up2date process may later catch up if an even
newer level comes out in rpm format - or is this a false assumption?

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen