[sane-devel] JSane

Andi McLean andi.mclean@ntlworld.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:25:56 +0100

Hi ,

On Sunday 13 June 2004 00:27, Klemens Dickbauer wrote:
> Hi David, Hi Andi and Chris!
>
> After being off for quite a long time (sorry for not communicating!) I
> restarted my work on japi_sane again this week.
> The classes I have are based on the work of Silvio Vogt and what I did is
> mainly some refactoring work (moving into the org.saneproject package
> structure, moving into a interface/implementation classes desgin, changes
> on the gui part...). It's still ongoing, but at least I can compile it
> again.

I have designed a structure to split interface and implementation how does
everyone feel about these?
Dave what do you think about putting the JNI part in with my code?
Does it fit with the design I've created?
If not we can discuss what changes are needed. I designed the structure to
mainly meet my needs but tried to make it so that a JNI, or other
implementation could be used. As I needed to get it working for my main
project.

> I just read all the messages on this list an realized that a few people are
> working on the same issue. Your approch, Andi, seems very promising to me
> using the TCP level to communicate, coding JNI is very hard for me
> unexperienced bloke. (-;
I found the JNI difficult too, and needed to be able to port the client stuff
to different hardware at a moments notice, so I went with a pure java
implementation. As I said, I've tried to create the framework so it can
accomodate other implementations.