[sane-devel] Success! 2.6.5 kernel, Agfa Snapscan 1212u!

Victoria Welch vykk3@comcast.net
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:05:24 -0700

Hi folks!

Just to let everyone know after about the
7,858,939,058th :-) google I found something that REALLY
helped get me going!

http://users.dslextreme.com/~craig.lawson/linux_notes/gentoo.2004.0.html

The big secret was that I had to build sane/sane backends
with:

USE="usb" emerge sane-backends

After that the scanner showed up and works GREAT!

Happy, happy, joy, joy :-) :-) :-) !

Now I can dump the w98 partition with extreme prejudice and
save that plustek for a trip to the shooting range :-).

Klaus:  Especially, thanks for the encouragement to keep me
plugging away at it, turns out to have been well worth it.
Really nice scanner under linux!

Thanks & take care es 73, V.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7.  "If we knew what we were doing, it
would not be called research, would it?" --Albert Einstein