[sane-devel] Success! 2.6.5 kernel, Agfa Snapscan 1212u!

Victoria Welch vykk3@comcast.net
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:37:06 -0700

Hello Henning,

  Thanks very much for the response!

On Monday 14 June 2004 02:19, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> [ ... ]
> To disable v4l completely, edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and
> comment out "v4l".

I'm leaving this in for now, I am not sure there is a point
to it since xsane doesn't seem to work with it and I have
no need to scan from the tv tuner :-).

> To start xsane with your scanner
> directly (without chosing):
>
> xsane yourbackend (e.g. xsane plustek).
>
> > -d, --device-settings file   load device settings from
> > file (without ".drc")
> >
> > Seems to be ignored :-(.
>
> Really? It justs loads the settings for one device. It
> doesn't set the default device to use.

Thanks, that works now :-).  I was taking the -d info
literally and specifying:

xsaneAGFA:SNAPSCAN1212U__2 (less .drc) from the
~/.sane/xsane directory.

Just snapscan works fine :-).

Thanks very much and take care, V.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7.  "If we knew what we were doing, it
would not be called research, would it?" --Albert Einstein