[sane-devel] xsane -0.91

Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:13:42 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 08:02:57PM -0700, Don wrote:
> Thank you for replying.

Please reply to the mailing list, not me personally.

> >The version of sane-backends is more interesting.
> >--> scanimage --version
> >

> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.11; backend version 1.0.11

That's rather old. I don't know if your scanner was already supported
in that version.

> >Does "scanimage -L" as root find the scanner?
> >

> device 'epson:libusb:oo2:002' is an Epson Unknown model flatbed scanner.

Ok. "Unknown" doesn't look correct but at least it's detected. If it
doesn't work the same way as normal user, see man sane-usb and
README.linux for setting permissions/using hotplug:
http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux
> >This won't work as the USB ids are hexadecimal, not decimal. Add a
> >"0x" before the numbers.
> >
> >>usb /dev/usb/lb0
> >>
> TYPO ERROR it is usb /dev/usb/lp0 in epson.conf

Well, but it's a USB scanner not a parport printer, isn't it? Anyway,
the scanner is detected so there is no need to change anything.