[sane-devel] Patching of maintained code by others...

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:41:04 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 09:51:47AM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> while doing a CVS update this morning, I found my plustek code patched.
> In general, I do not have any problems on that, but I think that a short
> message on that would be of great help - or did I miss something?

I also don't mind if others fix obvious bugs in my backends and also
think that a notice to the backend maintainer is better. While I read
the sane-commit mails that show the changes, I've already overlooked
some of them.

If many backends are changed, a mail to sane-devel is also ok in my
opinion.

Also, if a backend is developed in an external CVS the maintainer may
overlook the previous change and just upload his newest version. So
the fix gets lost.