[sane-devel] Re: SANE/Avision the shifted image problem

Rene Rebe rene@rocklinux-consulting.de
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:29:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:53:48 +0200,
    Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@tin.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I removed the hpusbscsi and now "scanimage -L" properly tells that
> "libusb" is used. It tells that also if I repeat the command a number=
 of
> times.
> As root, I can scan a preview which is Ok: the image has low quality =
but
> it is not shifted. Unfortunately, if I repeat the scan using for exam=
ple
> a 200dpi resolution, I obtain the shifted image again.
> =

> You gave me the link to three files (avision.conf, avision.c,
> avision.h), but I don't know where to put them (hehe...not really a
> linux expert here :-)). Should I recompile sane using those sources?

Yes - place them in the sane-backends-$ver/backend directory and
rebuild and reinstall the backends package.

Unfortunately when 1.0.14 does produce a shifted image - my SVN
snapshot will, too. But you can already rebuild the package as an
exercise and I provide you whit custom patches to try to work around
the problem after lunch.

> Thanks a lot for your great help.

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe