[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 660

Eelke Klein eelke_klein@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to get my epson perfection 660 scanner to work. I
have had it working on SuSE 8.2 but I have switched to gentoo
and can't get it to work anymore.

sane-find-scanner can find it but scanimage -L doesn't. I have
the permissions in /proc/bus/usb automatically set by a hotplug
script and have checked that the rights are actually set. I also
tried it as root so the rights shouldn't be a problem anyway.

I have copied the firmware of my windows drivers and configured
the location of it in the scapscan.conf. I have also checked
that the id's of my scanner actually matched the id's in the
snapscan.conf.

snapscan is also enabled in the dll.conf.

Here some version:
Kernel 2.6.7
sane-backends 1.0.14-r3
libusb 0.1.7-r1