[sane-devel] Fwd: verticle stripes in high res scans

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:22:24 +0100

Hi,

On Monday 15 March 2004 21:11, Christopher Marshall wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> > I'd be very surprised if that was true. The Canon Lide 80 uses the
> > Genesys GL841 chips as far as I know. It's not supported by SANE.
>
> I am sorry, I keep making that mistake.  I am using the CanoScan LiDE 30
> with the plustek backend.

That's what I expected ;-)

> > Please show us the output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v",
> > "scanimage --version" and "scanimage -L".
>
> "scanimage --version" reports:
>
>   scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.11; backend version 1.0.11

hmmm, too old. Please use the latest CVS version - the stripe-problem should
be solved. Probably also 1.0.13 will solve the problem, although it contains a
bug in the calibration, which affects some LiDE20/30 devices...

Ciao,
  Gerhard