[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4100C -- Linux 2.6.3 -- SANE backends 1.0.13 -- Not working

Johannes Niediek j.niediek@web.de
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:08:40 +0100

Hi,

I have trouble scanning images with the following configuration:
HP ScanJet 4100C -- Linux 2.6.3 -- SANE 1.0.13

When I was using Linux 2.4.19, everything worked fine, but as of 2.6.3,
I cannot use the scanner kernel module anymore.

The scanner can either not be found, or when it's found, I cannot scan
images because it either interrupts with an I/O error or doesn't do
anything at all.

Peter Kirchgessner was so nice to send me an altered sane backend, but
this doesn't find the scanner at all.

I will be very pleased if someone helps me.

Johannes Niediek