[sane-devel] sane-sp15c and Fujitsu 620c: Help needed for plumbing backend to frontend

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:17:06 -0500 (EST)

another option might be to try the avision backend instead. it does not=20
support all of the fetures of the sp15/300/600, but it may have better=20
support for the features you need.

allan

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Garrick Sitongia wrote:

> The brightness and contrast levels are presently not supported by the sp1=
5c=20
> backend. These are presently hardcoded at 128. But I was able to get it=
=20
> working in the hardware by adding "scanf" statements in sp15c.c. Scanimag=
e=20
> stops and I can enter numbers for brightness and contrast each time I run=
=20
> scanimage.
>=20
>    scanf("%d", &c);    /* my code */
>   dev->brightness =3D c;
>   dev->threshold =3D 128;
>    scanf("%d", &c);    /* my code */
>   dev->contrast =3D c;
>=20
> How instead do I pass these numbers to the backend from scanimage? Where=
=20
> scanimage would get them the usual way from command line args?
>=20
> Garrick
>=20
> FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar =96 get it now!=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20