[sane-devel] Sane and HP C6270A 3828

Yao Ko ko@cs.concordia.ca
26 Mar 2004 11:43:49 -0500

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 13:45, Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you can check if the hp-backend is called to open the scanner. To do
> this do
>
> SANE_DEBUG_HP=17
> export SANE_DEBUG_HP
>
> before starting scanimage. If the backend is called, it prints out
> messages to stderr.
> If it is not called, scanimage may look in a different directory for
> the
> configuration. You can do
>
> SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/sane.d
> export SANE_CONFIG_DIR
>
> and then start scanimage again.
> If you don't succeed in getting the scanner running, redirect the
> debug
> messages to a file
>
> scanimage -L 2>hp.lis
>
> gzip it and send it back to me.

Hi Peter,

I tried the above and it didn't open the HP backend. After many hours of
tweaking, I found that doing this makes scanimage find the scanner:

"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib scanimage -L"

I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm using RH9. If I compile the
newest sane-backends, scanimage works fine.

I'll investigate further and post more findings. Has anyone encountered
similar problems with this scanner?

Thanks,

Yao